Sunday 14 March 2010

【Diary】【English】“Connecting the dots...”

“Connecting the dots...” is quite famous speech tha Steve Jobs made at Stanford, June 14, 2005.
You can read it from http://sago.livedoor.biz/archives/50251043.html.
In short, this is the story about connecting the dots. Dots mean the thing that youd have made in your life. Dots make a line.

Recently, I felt things like that.
A day, I found my old note. This note is not one that I usually use. I made mistake to bring different one from my desk, actully. I read the note and I found there is some notes about "Tatami" .
2 years ago, I do a volunteer work at 100% design exhibition in London. For 4 days, along with the president is from Tatami company, I had promoted Tatami. Tatami is Japanese grass mat.
I worked hard and got a good reputation.

Actually, the organiser of this exhibition is the agency that I did internship for almost harf a year after this exhibition.
Doing internship in this agency is quite difficult. The reason why I could do is my tutor did a lot of work and the reputation that I got in exhibition.
Through this internship, I really got a lot of experience and friends. This is quite efficient on my job-hunting and other things.

In addition, thinking about the reason why I could get the reputation, it is because I had experience I organaise an organisation when I was 3rd grade in uni. This is the organisation made a conference and gathering a lot of student from all over the Japan. Through this experience, I built up my human skill. It is quite efficient on the volunteer work.

The reason I did it is because I met my best friend when I was 1st grade. He is actually bos haha We took same seminar and get acquaintance with each other.
Those story makes me feel like connectiong the dots really is.

“Again, you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something ― your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” ( Steve Jobs, 2005)

I really would like to say something like this one in the future.

Seja o primeiro a comentar

Post a Comment

Analysis

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive

Counter

Followers

  ©Life is like a box of chocolates. Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOPO